WHY DOES MY HEAD HURT?
For all Healthcare Professionals, Chronic Pain & Headache Sufferers, and the General Public
Frequent headaches affect nearly 50 million people each year in the United States alone. Many of these headaches do not pose serious heath risks, but they can have a serious impact on our ability to function well throughout the day.
Dr. Rich has been treating patients with chronic pain, TMD, fibromyalgia, and migraine headaches for over 30 years. Her studies of the multifactorial nature behind most sources of chronic head pain offer patients, medical practitioners, and the general public unique insight into how we often unknowingly create our own headaches, and what we can do to prevent them.
This highly informative lecture is filled with recommendations for at-home remedies, exercises, and alternatives to the regular use of over-the-counter analgesics and prescription medication. Information will also be included about three-dimensional jaw function and how this can cause pain. Dr. Rich also explains the conditions under which medical treatment should be sought immediately and the types of treatment most patients should avoid.
Keynote Length: 30 to 90 minutes
Workshop Length: 2 hours or ½-day
- What to look for in jaw function and tooth position when exploring the possible causes of headache and facial pain
- When to refer a patient for TMD treatment and why jaw surgery is not an ideal treatment for most cases of TMJ disorder
- Why an integrated network of western and alternative healthcare providers offers the best chance for your patients to find relief
- How to build an integrated network of providers for your chronic pain patients and what to look for when choosing various referral specialists
Chronic Pain & Headache Sufferers:
- Common headache triggers and simple homecare solutions
- How your teeth and jaw can contribute to head pain
- How to build your own integrated team of treatment specialists
- What to look for in TMD treatment options and why surgery may not be the best choice
- Why your headache medicine could be the problem
- Common habits that trigger headaches and how to break them
- When to consult a medical professional and what to look for in a pain specialist